How Does COVID-19 Spread? Simple Ways to Prevent Covid-19 in Your Workplace
How does COVID-19 spread?
- When someone with COVID-19 coughs or exhales, they scatter droplets of virus-carrying saliva.
- These droplets fall on nearby surfaces, tables or phones.
- People infect their bodies by touching surfaces or objects infected with COVID-19 and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth with their hands.
- If a person with COVID-19 is standing within two meters of it, droplets can be inhaled during coughing, sneezing and talking, as well as with the flu and cold.
Some people infected with COVID-19 develop the disease seriously and may require hospital care. The risk of serious illness increases with age; People over the age of 40 are more vulnerable than those under the age of 40. People with weakened immune systems, those with health conditions such as diabetes, heart and lung disease, are more vulnerable to the development of serious illness.
Simple Ways to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 in Your Workplace
Even if COVID-19 has not reached you yet, you can even take the following simple measures yourself at work. In this way, you can stop or slow the spread of the disease with your individual effort.
- You may not put your hand to YOUR FACE, or touch any point on your face.
- You can clean your hands frequently by using SOAP and WATER or ALCOHOL based disinfectants.
- You can make the SURFACES you use and contact frequently hygienic
- It can detect infected tables, cabinets, phones, keyboards and mice, door handles, faucets, power switches, handrails, handles, etc. you can wipe it with soap and water or disinfectant
- You can acquire a hygienic and frequent hand and face washing HABIT and raise awareness of everyone (including suppliers and customers) in this direction.
- You should know that you will put other friends at risk if you use antipyretic and pain relievers (paracetamol, ibuprofen, aspirin, etc.) that MAY HIDE the symptoms of flu, cold, fever (37.3°C and above).
- When coughing and sneezing, you can cover your mouth and nose with a BENDED ELBOW or tissue, then throw away the tissue immediately and wash your hands.
- If you have problems such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, you can apply to a healthcare facility IMMEDIATELY.
- You must use a medical mask and gloves during your travel to and from the workplace.
- You must keep SOCIAL DISTANCE when talking to each other (2 meters).
- You can ventilate the working environment and common areas by opening windows frequently.
- You can wash your hands with soap or clean them with a disinfectant BEFORE and AFTER the finger reader while entering and exiting the workplace (Within the scope of the precaution, the PO system in Varzene Metal has been temporarily stopped)
- You should wash your hands with soap and water before and after meals. During the meal, you can use common materials such as salt and pepper shakers with a napkin. If you touch the items on the table and bar, you can immediately clean your hands with disinfectant (As part of the precaution, the kitchen was temporarily closed in Varzene Metal)
- After contacting with toilet, bathroom, handrails, faucet heads, door handles, money, documents, files, printers, etc., you may not take your hand to your face, eyes, nose and mouth, first wash your hands with plenty of water and soap or clean them with disinfectant liquid.
- You can always keep your room door OPEN at the workplace.
- You can disinfect the WORKED area on a daily or at certain intervals (saw surface, vehicle interiors, table tops, etc.)
- You can also SHARE all your protection information with your family and loved ones.
We wish you healthy days.